Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Good Day

My dad and me went to western mass. We tried to find a Redhead Duck. But we didn't find it. There were so many bald eagles there scaring them. When we were driving then we stopped again then we find the Long-tailed Duck and it was a lifer for me. Then we tried to get the Eastern Meadowlarks. We couldnt find them at first but we kept looking and I found by myself in a tree some Cedar Waxwings! Dad would of missed them! A year bird! We heard Eastern Bluebirds as well. Then my dad finally saw the meadowlarks. A lifer! We then went over to a big river (Connecticut) and my dad showed me through our scope a Northern Pintail and some other cool ducks! Then we went to grammies for a Super Bowl party!


Map of Trip







eBird Checklists
River Road, Agawam, Hampden County, Massachusetts, US

Bondis Island--boat ramp, Hampden County, Massachusetts, US

Silvio O. Conte NWR--Fort River Division, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, US

Northampton--East Meadows, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, US


Lifers
142Long-tailed DuckRiver Road, AgawamUS-MA02 Feb 2014
143Eastern MeadowlarkSilvio O. Conte NWR--Fort River DivisionUS-MA02 Feb 2014
144Northern PintailNorthampton--East MeadowsUS-MA02 Feb 2014


Year Birds
81Long-tailed DuckRiver Road, AgawamUS-MA02 Feb 2014
82Eastern BluebirdSilvio O. Conte NWR--Fort River DivisionUS-MA02 Feb 2014
83Cedar WaxwingSilvio O. Conte NWR--Fort River DivisionUS-MA02 Feb 2014
84Eastern MeadowlarkSilvio O. Conte NWR--Fort River DivisionUS-MA02 Feb 2014
85Northern PintailNorthampton--East MeadowsUS-MA02 Feb 2014




2 comments :

  1. Owen ! I am loving your blog. You're 6 and I'm 60 and you've seen more birds this year than me !
    I just saw the Eastern Meadowlark for the first time this week also... I want to see one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your posts and I love your blog, Owen! Congratulations on the Tufted Duck and Black-headed Gull. Looks like your Little Big Year is off to a great start (nothing better than birding with dad!). Good luck and keep up the great work! See you in the field.

    ReplyDelete