Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cape Day

Our Trip


Grammy, me and Daddy went to Cape Cod and got a Clay-colored Sparrow and I'm guessing it's a male because it was singing. When we were finding the Clay-colored Sparrow I got good shots of it when my dad didn't. We were waiting for it to come into  sun. I got two two perfect pictures.  Then we heard knocking and we stopped taking pictures and we looked at the bird and it was a Black-billed Cuckoo and it's bill was black. It was a lifer lifer for me. I got pictures of him. After that we took more pictures of the Cuckoo and the Clay-colored Sparrow. When we went to the bathroom we saw a Beetle and we took photos of it and Grammy holded it. Then we went to our next spot to find a Northern Bobwhite. But we had a hard time trying to find it. and there was a man there walking two dogs there. We also saw a lot of birds we saw a Northern Harrier. I also found a Baltimore Oriole that is a new bird for the month because it's June 1st.  We also found Eastern Towhees. And a titmouse came close to me by my head. 

Checklists


New Year Birds
223Black-billed CuckooScusset Beach State ReservationUS-MA01 Jun 2014
224Clay-colored SparrowScusset Beach State ReservationUS-MA01 Jun 2014

Life Birds
223Black-billed CuckooScusset Beach State ReservationUS-MA01 Jun 2014
224Clay-colored SparrowScusset Beach State ReservationUS-MA01 Jun 2014


Owen photographing a Clay-colored Sparrow

Clay-colored Sparrow photographed by Owen!

Black-billed Cuckoo photographed by Owen!


Owen after his lifer Black-billed Cuckoo and Clay-colored Sparrow



Looking for Bobwhites



Indigo Bunting Photo by Owen

No comments :

Post a Comment