Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ross's Goose Chase and Red-headed Woodpecker

Me, my dad and Grammy went to the Gloucester area. We wanted to try and find Harlequin Ducks, Iceland Gulls, and Ross's Goose. We went to a few spots and we did get to see lots of ducks and gulls! it was funny when a Great Black-backed Gull was eating a pepperoni! My dad also got real excited when he finally got a Lesser Black-backed gull finally!

Jodrey State Fish Pier, Essex County, Massachusetts, US
Niles Pond & Brace Cove, Essex County, Massachusetts, US
Good Harbor Beach, Essex County, Massachusetts, US
Cathedral Ledge, Essex County, Massachusetts, US




 Also a Gray Seal!



 After we left the ocean we went to look for the Ross's Goose. We dindt find it but my dad screamed so loud when he found a Red-headed Woodpecker. I already had seen 2 before when we went to NY. This one's head wasn't as red as the other I had seen. My dad says it was a juvenile. Lots of birders showed up and were able to see it as well. We then went to the Short-eared Owl spot. I got to see a Rough-legged Hawk and 4 Short-eared Owls. There were also hunters there shooting Canada Geese. It was sad for birders, like me. They were falling down and losing all their families and stuff.


Argilla-Northgate-Essex Rd. Fields Complex, Ipswich, Essex County, Massachusetts, US
Stackyard Road, Rowley, Essex County, Massachusetts, US





 

Also I wanted to say awesome job to Neil Hayward on his big year. because of him i wanted to start my own blog!

My little brother got the awesomest shirt for xmas from my auntie. i am getting one made too!


My lifelist is now at 113 (missing some basic birds that we cant remember but will get again) ! My Big Year starts in 3 days!! Where should we go first?!?!?!?

2 comments :

  1. Great job so far. Im looking forward to keeping up with your blog. Nice pics. I wish mine were that good. And,love the shirt.

    ReplyDelete