Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Beach Day


Map of Our Adventure

Me and my daddy and grammy and Nick went to Bolton Flats and we walked down the path and then we heard a Wilson's Snipe calling and we didn't know what it was. We finally saw it in the air. My dad said it was winnowing. We also 3 Rusty Blackbirds flying and landing. i spotted them and my dad heard them. My dad found a Northern Shoveler in his scope when i looked it was gone. And then a few minutes later it came back and I finally saw it. A Great Egret and Great Blue Heron were staring at each other like they were at a staring contest. We also saw a Merlin it was there for the first time I ever saw it there. The Northern Harrier came out of nowhere flying.

Then we went to Bolton Orchards and I had a red velvet whoopie pie.Then we went to try and see a Yellow-throated Warbler. Then my dad found the Yellow-throated Warbler and grammy and me were running to him to see it. We yelled to lots of birders to come and none of them said thank you but one person did.

Then we went to see a Hooded Warbler in Boston. My dad had to drop me and my grammy off because there was no more parking spots. Everyone was yelling Hooded Warbler over here. He had a yellow body and had like black on his head like a hood and his chin and thats why they call it the Hooded Warbler. Then we switched and daddy came in with me and grammy stayed at the car. We found it again and we saw a squirrel and it was coming so close to me and i almost petted I was afraid it was gonna bite me. Then I went to a birthday party and after the birthday party we went birding again!!!! We went to the beach when it was still raining anyways and the sun was out too and then we saw a rainbow. We were looking for a Manx Shearwater but first we saw a Piping Plover. The shearwater had flown into daddys scope and then were on the water way out by a pink building. On the way home we saw some egrets and one was a Snowy Egret!

And we found a Spotted Turtle and another lifer a Chimney Swift!

Checklists (Letters Correspond to Map)
B-Bolton Flats, Worcester County, Massachusetts, US
C-Nahanton Park , Middlesex County, Massachusetts, US
D-Boston Public Garden, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, US
E- Birthday Party In Oxford
F-Revere Beach--pink apartments, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, US
G-(not visible) Rumney Marsh--South, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, US


Hooded Warbler Range Map


Yellow-throated Warbler Range Map

Manx Shearwater Range Map


Virginia Rail

Nick, Owen and Grammy at Bolton Flats



 Photo after Owen's lifer Rusty Blackbird and Virginia Rail @ Bolton Flats


Great Egret



Yellow-throated Warbler


Hooded Warbler



Piping Plover

Photo after Owen's lifer Hooded Warbler


Make Way for Ducklings Statues in Boston Public Garden

His Squirrel Friend


Photo after Owen's lifer Yellow-throated Warbler @ Nahanton Park

Photo after Owen's lifer Piping Plover @ Revere Beach

 Photo after Owen's lifer Manx Shearwater @ Revere Beach



Spotted Turtle


Owen after his lifer Chimney Swift!


Brotherly Love while Birding!


1 comment :

  1. Your method of telling everything in this paragraph is in fact good, all be able to
    easily understand it, Thanks a lot.

    Feel free to visit my blog post image source

    ReplyDelete